1) To begin, click on View Activities under the Messenger Payments Tile.
2) From this page, you will see a list of activities with the relevant information separated by
|Activity Name||Click on the header to order activities in alphabetical order|
|Activity Date/Time||Click on the header to order activities by the start date & time|
|No. Sent/No. Drafts||Number of students invited to the activity/number of students pending to be invited|
|Total Requested||Total amount of money requested for the activity|
|Total Paid||Total amount that has been paid by parents so far|
|Total amount that is still due from parents|
|Paid Online||Total amount of money that has been paid by parents online via Messenger Payments|
|Paid Offline||Total amount of money that has been paid by parents offline, i.e. not through Messenger Payments (i.e. by cash)|
|No. Online||Number of payments that were made online, through Messenger Payments|
|No. Offline||Number of payments made offline, i.e. not through Messenger Payments|
Below are a list of features that can be accessed from the View Activities Dashboard:
- Archive an activity when it is no longer active or needed, but you don’t want to delete it altogether.
- Use the toggle in the first column to archive an activity.
- If you want to view activities that have been archived, click Actions > Archived Activities.
- Archived activities can be un-archived by clicking on the toggle in the first column.
- To look for a specific activity, enter an activity name into the search box at the top of the page and click Find.
- To remove the search filter, click Actions from the top right corner and select Reset search.
- Sort activities by either alphabetical order or start time, by clicking on the column headers: Activity Name or Activity Date/Time.
View Activity Details
Users can view more information for an activity by clicking on the activity name from the first column. Further information for each activity are split into 5 panels: Summary, Activity, Add Recipients, Draft Payments, Payments, Generate Payment Requests.
- The Payments panel for an activity shows the list of students who have been invoiced for the activity. The following information is shown for each activity by column:
|Student name||Click on the column header to sort the student’s alphabetically.
Click on the student’s name to view their Payment History, and issue refunds.
|Class||Displays the student’s Registration Group.|
|Amount due||Cost of activity for this student.|
|Amount outstanding||Balance left to pay for this student.|
|Amount paid online||Amount paid via Messenger Payments’s system.|
|Amount paid offline||Amount paid via cash or cheque, and recorded in Messenger Payments.|
|Payment Date||Date last partial/full payment was received for this student.|
|Reminder||Click to send a reminder for payment home for this student.|
|Consent Given?||If consent is required, this column will appear with ticks next to students for whom parental consent has been received.|
|Settled?||Click the lock icon next to a student if you wish to remove the payment (settle the bill) for them.|
|Notes/Edit||Click the pencil icon next to a student to leave any notes. Your comment will then appear in the Notes column.|
|Delete||Click the bin icon to remove a student from the activity. This action will not be possible if the student has already paid for the activity.|
- Other features that you will find useful on this tab are listed below.
Send Ad-hoc message
- Click from the top of the page to send a group message to the primary contacts of students participating in this activity.
- Simply type your message in the textbox and send via the Actions panel on the right.
- The message will be sent out via Messenger and be viewable from your History page.
- Click on a student’s name from the first column of the View Activities Dashboard to display their Payment History for this activity. From here, you can print off a receipt for proof of payment or provide a refund.
- To refund a payment, click the icon. From the Refund pop-up box, enter the correct information including why the payment is being refunded and the amount. Then click Refund/Cancel.
- Locate an individual student by entering their last name into the search box above the list of activities, then click Search.
- Clear the search results by clicking Reset.
- Click from the top of the page to send reminders home for all students that still have an outstanding balance.
- Click on from the bottom of the page to download a .csv of the Payment information for this activity. Ensure that you have enabled downloads in your internet browser.
- The Summary tab provides a high-level view of payments for the activity you are currently viewing.
- Important information on this page include how much has bee paid so far, and how much is still outstanding.
- The Activity tab displays details including the description, time and date, costs and fees, and whether any discounts have been applied.
- Once an activity has been created and payment requests were sent (not a draft activity), the activity details cannot be edited.
- New students can be added to the activity after it has been created (refer to next section).
- Add classes, groups and/or individual students to an existing activity from the Add Recipients
- To add additional students to an activity, click View and Edit. This will open the Activity in Edit Mode.
- Once you are in Edit Mode for an existing activity, you can add classes/groups, or individual students as outlined in the below image.
- Once you have added additional students, click Proceed in the bottom right corner to update payment requests.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to add recipients, click here.
- If you have added additional students to an existing activity, you will also need to the update payment requests for them from the Draft Payments
- By default, the amount that additional students will have to pay is the one you originally set for the activity. You can update this for new recipients by entering a new amount in the Change Amount
- Alternatively, click Apply Discounts from the top of the list if you would like to apply a new amount to all the new recipients.
- To remove a payment for a student completely, click on the icon in the Settled? column.
Generate Payment Request
- Click to issue payment requests from this tab if you have just added students to an existing activity.
- This button will be greyed out if you have not added any new students.