By default voice messages will be sent only to contacts that do not have a mobile phone number – i.e. if a contact has both a landline and a mobile phone number, SMS will take priority over Voice messages. However this can be changed by an administrator on the account settings page.
Make sure your are logged in as an administrative user with access to the account settings page and then;
- Go to Tools > Account Settings.
- Scroll to "SMS & Voice Routing" and click the drop-down arrow.
- When you have selected the appropriate option (explained below), be sure to click 'Submit' to save the new setting.
You can choose between;
- SMS Priority over Voice,
- the default option, voice messages will be sent only to contacts that do not have a valid mobile phone number.
- Voice priority over SMS,
- SMS messages will be sent only to contacts that do not have a landline phone number.
- Send both SMS and Voice,
- all contacts with both mobile and landline numbers will receive messages twice as both a voice message and an SMS.
- We advise caution when using this feature as the costs will increase as each contact will receive 2 messages, and some contacts may find this rather frustrating.
- We recommend this setting is only used for emergencies, to maximise the chances of contacts getting emergency information, and then reverted to a single route.