Messenger v5 has a simple to use password change interface to allow users to manage their own passwords thus preventing the need for administrator intervention and consequently increasing security.
To change your password;
- Ensure you are in the Tools > User Preferences screen.
- Click on the 'Change Password' button.
- In the pop-up window first enter your current password* in the 'Old Password' box. *This could be a temporary one emailed via the reset password function.
- If you have forgotten your current password, you should follow these instructions instead.
- There are some password rules to ensure you set a strong and secure password.
- In the 'Confirm Password' box, enter the password exactly as you entered it in the 'New Password' box.
You have now changed your password - you will need to use your new password next time you login (and every time after that until you change it again!).