This document outlines the pre-requisites that must be in place before a successful installation of Emerge can take place.
Emerge comprises two ‘pieces’ of software. The Emerge device software, an app installed on the mobile devices, and the Emerge Server software installed in the school, or in a local authority.
- Emerge Device Software: this is the app that will need to be installed on each of the devices you’d like to run Emerge. The Emerge Device Software communicates with the Emerge Server to receive and send MIS information.
- Emerge Sever Software. The Emerge Server Software talks to your MIS system extracting student and staff information that it to devices running the Emerge app.
The remainder of this page outlines the supported devices and pre-requisites that must be in place in order to effectively communicate between MIS, Emerge server software and the devices that will ensure a successful installation of Emerge.
The Emerge app works on Android, Apple iOS and Windows 8.1 devices meeting the minimum requirements detailed below.
Emerge now also supports Emerge Desktop, enabling users to access Emerge data via a compatible browser on any deviceShow Device Requirements for the app
Show Emerge Desktop Requirements
Emerge Desktop will run on any device that has internet connectivity and is capable of running a modern browser.
A component part of the Emerge solution is Groupcall Xporter and therefore the same pre-requisites must be met.
- Xporter Hardware requirements
- Xporter Software requirements
- MIS Specific Requirements
- Xporter Internet Access
MIS Specific Xporter RequirementsXporter for SIMS.net Pre-Requisites
Xporter for Facility CMIS Pre-Requisites
- be running, as a minimum,
- Version 10.1.18 of Facility or above
- ePortal version 10.1 or above
- Install Emerge Server on the ePortal Server.
- not use trusted logins to access the .CDB file; an SQL user account should be used.
Network RequirementsShow Network Infrastructure detail
Preparing these pre-requisites in advance will help ensure your installation runs smoothly. If you have any problems with these, the support representative carrying out the install will be able to assist, however it should be noted that this may result in the install having to be postponed whilst requirements are put in place.
The server where Emerge will be installed;
Additionally for Emerge Desktop...
Emerge Support Tool
In support of pre-requisite checking, you can make use of the Emerge Support Tool.