In order to perform some of the core administrative functions required for Emerge, each installation will require at least one user that has the "Emerge Admin" Profile assigned in the Management Console.
From the Emerge Management Console on the Server;
- Create a new user - see here for more information if you do not know how to create a new user.
- The username can be anything you like, in the example shown we have used "emerge.admin".
- If a user requires a regular emerge account, such as Senior Management Team, in addition to the admin profile we recommend a second account is created to allow for this. In the example shown the user "benb" has a second account with ".admin" appended to the user name. This will allow benb to login as a teacher and use Emerge for Schools on a daily basis for registration etc and then on occasion he can login as benb.admin if and when he needs to perform any administrative tasks.
- Assign the profile "Emerge Admin".
- Go to the devices tab and assign any devices as required to the new users - see here for more information if you do not know how to manage devices.
- This can be a single device or multiple devices per user as required.
- Ensure all settings and configuration changes are saved.
Once you have completed the above steps you can now login to the Emerge for Schools App as an admin user from where you will see the Administrative functions.
Behaviour and Achievement events
It is possible to disable behaviour and achievement events being shown to parents as well as being possible to specify how far behaviour events display historically.
NB instructions below use 'behaviour' as an example, but this can be interchanged for 'achievement' to change those settings also.
Provided below are some examples to get you started.
To turn off completely;
To only show events in the current academic year;
To only show events in the last 3 months;
This will help reduce database size whilst maintaining visibility of events for parents.
Disable comments on Behaviour events for Xpressions parental users
It is possible to disable the comments associated with a behaviour event so they are not shown to parental users in the Xpressions app. This allows details to be recorded for use by staff but prevent potentially sensitive information from being displayed to parents.