Getting your MIS Ready for Xporter
To connect to your MIS, Xporter usually needs to be provided with a user account with certain permissions or some “API” details.
“API” details usually consist of a URL (website address) and a username and password. Sometimes it might be an “API Key” instead (a long list of letters and numbers).
Before you install Xporter, it is a good idea to have these details ready to go so you can finish the installation all in one go. Sometimes you may have to request these details from your MIS provider.
Installing the XporterOnDemand Client
You will be provided
Have your SchoolBase database information ready before you begin and ensure you know the SQL login information to connect to the database. You will also have to contact SchoolBase prioir to install, and ask for the latest Groupcall database views patch to run against your SchoolBase database.
Best Install Location: Schoolbase Server or Application Server
- Groupcall database views patch for Schoolbase
- Microsoft .net Framework 4.6 with Windows Updates applied
- Download and run XporterOnDemand_Setup.exe. Then select your installation folder and click Next.
- Confirm the installation folder is correct and click Install.
The installer will now download any updates required and unpack the data to the installation folder.
The technical contact details are not required, if you do not wish to provide this information please leave the fields blank and click Next.
We recommend you do provide contact details for ease of communitation in the event of any technical issues. We will NOT share your infomation with anyone outside Groupcall Ltd.
- Select Schoolbase as the MIS you are currently runing and click Next.
- Confirm Schoolbase is the MIS system you are using and click Install.
SQL Server: Server address for your SchoolBase database.
Database: Your SchoolBase database name.
User Name/Password: SQL account with permissions to the SchoolBase database
Click Next to continue.
- Enter your LA code, ESTAB code and School Name then click Next.
The Cohort Year Details are not essential for XoD however they will be required if you use our identity platform (IDaaS) in the future. The details can be added later via the Xporter console. To continue click Next.
- Please fill in your XoD user credentials provided during the XoD registration process and click Connect.
If the connection is successful a green Connection Completed message will be displayed. To continue click Next.
The installer will now download, unpack and run the scripts required for setting up the XporterOnDemand tasks.
Groupcall XporterOnDemand is now installed and running. To close the installer click Finish.