Getting your MIS Ready for Xporter
To connect to your MIS, Xporter usually needs to be provided with a user account with certain permissions or some “API” details.
“API” details usually consist of a URL (website address) and a username and password. Sometimes it might be an “API Key” instead (a long list of letters and numbers).
Before you install Xporter, it is a good idea to have these details ready to go so you can finish the installation all in one go. Sometimes you may have to request these details from your MIS provider.
Installing the XporterOnDemand Client
You will be provided a link to download the installer once you finish your registration. However, if you have closed this window or moved to another machine without getting the setup file, you can visit:
Please note, as Progresso is a web based MIS we can host XporterOnDemand for you at no cost. If you wish to set this up please contact our support team for further instructions. If you would prefer to host XporterOnDemend yourselves please continue with this document.
Best Install Location: Application Server
- Microsoft .net Framework 4.6 with Windows Updates applied
User Details Required:
To enable access for Groupcall on your Progresso system you will need to:
- Log in as a school admin user
- Go to System | API Licenses
- Click "Provide Access"
- From the dropdown on the righthand side of the screen select Groupcall
- Select what type of Access you with to give – “read”
- Click Save
- You will also need to contact Advanced Learning support desk to obtain your Progresso School ID.
- Download and run XporterOnDemand_Setup.exe. Then select your installation folder and click Next.
- Confirm the installation folder is correct and click Install.
The installer will now download any updates required and unpack the data to the installation folder.
The technical contact details are not required, if you do not wish to provide this information please leave the fields blank and click Next.
We recommend you do provide contact details for ease of communitation in the event of any technical issues. We will NOT share your infomation with anyone outside Groupcall Ltd.
- Select Progresso as the MIS you are currently running and click Next.
- Confirm Progresso is the MIS system you are using and click Install.
Enter your Progresso School Id and the Web Service URL. Unless informed otherwise the URL will be: https://api.progresso.net/Services/PerCall/
Once details are entered click Next.
Enter your LA code, ESTAB code and School Name then click Next.
The Cohort Year Details are not essential for XoD however they will be required if you use our identity platform (IDaaS) in the future. The details can be added later via the Xporter console. To continue click Next.
- Please fill in your XoD user credentials provided during the XoD registration process and click Connect.
If the connection is successful a green Connection Completed message will be displayed. To continue click Next.
The installer will now download, unpack and run the scripts required for setting up the XporterOnDemand tasks.
Groupcall XporterOnDemand is now installed and running. To close the installer click Finish.