Before you lose a device...
Emerge for Parents can be secured with a PIN code that is independent of any codes set on the device. We recommend you set one when you login to Emerge. This can be done by clicking the settings cog in the lower right corner of the Emerge for Parents App home screen and choosing 'Change Passcode Lock'.
Apple and Google both provide services that are designed to either help you find a lost device or remotely erase it should it be lost irretrievably. There are also third party solutions available. More information is available by searching the internet for "lost smartphone" etc.
- Apple's "find my iPhone" service is built in to every apple device that supports Emerge for Parents - you can find out about it here along with information on how to enable it and activate it should you lose your device.
- Google's "Android Device Manager" is available on the majority of devices that support Emerge for Parents - you can find out about it here along with information on how to enable it and activate it should you lose your device.
If a device has already been lost...
- You should change your Emerge for Parents password.
- For information on how to do that click here. The link above will take you straight to the login page where you can change your password.
- You should make use of any Apple or Android service with which you are registered that can locate or erase the data held on your device.
- If you cannot do the above and you are still concerned about the data on a lost device, you can speak to your school who can disable your account. This can take some time to become effective on the the lost device and so should only be used as a last resort. It also has the downside of requiring you to re-register for a new account once you find or replace the lost device.
Posted in: Using the App