If you have the "Dinner Money" module in SIMS (required to work within Emerge) then all you need to do is make some configuration changes in your school's Emerge Management Console.
Open the Emerge Management Console on the school server;
- Select the 'Settings' tab.
- Look in the Site Parameters setting for the 'Enable Student Meals' option.
- Set this to 'Yes'.
- Find the 'Absent Meal Type' parameter.
- Dependent on SIMS configuration you will see a list of options.
- Specify what meal type should be recorded when a student is marked as absent.
- Usually this will map back to a meal type of 'Absent' but may not depending on your own school systems.
- Speak to your SIMS Administrator or Catering staff if you are not sure.
- Be sure to 'Save Changes' using the button in the bottom right of the management console.
Your users will now have the ability to record dinner choices in to SIMS when taking morning registration.