Best Install Location: SIMS Server
Alternative Install Location: Other Application Server
- SIMS .net Workstation Client (Up to date)
- Microsoft .net Framework 4.5 with Windows Updates applied
User Details Required:
- SIMS user created with the following permissions:
- School Administrator
- Senior Management Team
- Assessment Coordinator
- Personnel Officer*
- Third Party Reporting
*Personnel Officer is the recommended permission for maximum compatibility, however, if you are not comfortable with this permission, Personnel Data Exporter can be substituted.
If your SIMS 7 environment is hosted by Capita, then you will need to make sure that you have got the “Third Party Connector” setup in your school. This is essentially a locally installed SIMS Workstation client along with a VPN setup to connect to the hosted SIMS services. Xporter is compatible with this deployment scenario.
In order for a user to access Emerge Desktop, they must be set up as a member of staﬀ in SIMS.
- Staff that require access to Emerge Desktop must have an email address in the SIMS record. This has to be their school address (i.e. one that has a common domain for all staﬀ such as @aisley.sch.uk and not gmail.com).
- This email address must be marked as their main and work email address.
- This email address will form their login username.