Emerge will require user accounts to be created to use for accessing data within the App on devices.
Add a New User
- Ensure you are in the ‘Users’ area of the console.
- To add a new user, click the Add button.
- Supply Username and Password (password needs to be entered twice to confirm).
- The username will need to be in lower case and should be unique within the school; we suggest defining a robust naming convention to ensure duplicates are not created. This could be the same as any existing policies (such as email, MIS or windows logon) in place for convenience. Administratively they remain independent as Emerge has no inter-relationship with such systems at this level, but your users may find it more convenient to remember 1 username for multiple systems.
- Select the relevant user settings and permission level for the user account. As described in the EMC Settings Tab section, the default can should be changed on a per user basis where necessary. See “Emerge User Profiles” (below or via the link) for a breakdown of each setting.
- Set the appropriate user parameters.
|Allow Evidence||Default (See Settings)|
|Use this option to override "Default Allow Evidence" from the settings tab of the EMC.
Controls if users can add media as evidence when recording behaviour and achievement. Usually this would be set to Default, but Yes/No can be used on a per user basis when you would like to control which users can upload media.
|Staff Member||Dependent on MIS configuration||Pick the relevant MIS user so that the correct personalisation (such as timetable etc) are applied to Emerge.
Supply Staff is available as a generic option for any non-teaching or cover staff members.
|Show All Assessment Templates||Yes|
|Controls access to the Assessment Templates for Assessment Write-back.
- If set to Yes, all templates from SIMS are visible. Users will see those templates assigned to them as well as those not assigned to them, but as a separate list for ease of access.
- If set to No, only those templates to which the user is assigned in SIMS are visible on Emerge.
NB: Only applies if "Staff Member" has been defined as a member of staff from the MIS (i.e. that member of staff is not 'Supply Staff').
|View Staff Personal||As Profile|
|Controls access to staff personal details such as contact information and next of kin etc.
- "As Profile" = Access to other Staff members personal information will be controlled by the roles applied to a user in the EMC.
- "Yes" = Access to other Staff members personal information will be available to the user regardless of EMC roles.
- "No" = Access to other Staff members personal information will not be available to the user regardless of EMC roles.
|Config Red Button||Yes|
|Controls access to the configure pages in the Help Button on the Emerge devices.
Anyone who has this parameter set to 'Yes' can specify SMS destinations, direct call numbers and SMS templates from their device. The configuration is then applied to all other devices regardless of role.
When complete, click Save. All successfully created users will show in the list at the top of the console.
You should give the user name and password to your end users to specify within the app itself.