Open the Contact you wish to edit.
Assuming that the Parental Responsibility box has been checked AND the Priority order is inserted, the
numbers will then be read. NOTE: The highest priority contact details will be used.
Messenger v5 will use the three key number sections in SIMS
- The Home telephone numbers are taken from “Family/Home” section, the location field is labelled “Home".
- Work telephone numbers are taken from “Family/Home” section, the location field is labelled “Work".
- Mobile numbers are taken from “Family/Home” section, the location field is labelled “Mobile".
Assuming that the parental responsibility box has been checked, where there are multiple priority contacts; Mother, Father, Other Family Member/Relative, Messenger v5 will select the contact with the highest priority order with Parental Responsibility first. (Priority order takes the form, 1, 2, 3 etc with 1 being the highest).
All numbers are used for Voice calls, but for text calls only one number is used. The system applies the following rules to choose which number;
- If there is only one mobile number, Messenger v5 will use it.
- If there are two numbers, it will use the one which has the highest priority order.
- If there are two numbers and both have the same priority order, Messenger v5 will select the contact details that appear at the top of the ‘Family/Home’ contact screen list.
Groupcall will also use the following Email address section in SIMS…
Email address details will again be selected from the “Family/Home” section entitled Telephones and Email addresses.
Similar rules will be applied to email addresses as are applied to the selection criteria for mobile phones.