Messenger v5 will use the three key number sections in E1
Number details are taken from the “Student Details – contact” section;
- The Home telephone numbers are taken from “Student Details – Pupil”, the location field is labelled “Home Telephone″ from within the Telephone section.
- Work Numbers are taken from “Student Details – Contact”, the location field is labelled “Work”, from within t the Telephone section.
- Mobile Numbers are taken from “Student Details – Contact”, the location field is labelled “Mobile”.
Assuming that the SOS option has been checked, the SOS Priority order is then read, and the highest priority user details will be used. If there are multiple priority contacts; Mother, Father, Other Family Member/Relative, Messenger v5 will select the contact with the highest priority order with SOS Responsibility. (Priority order takes the form, 1, 2, 3 etc with 1 being the highest).
All numbers are used for Voice calls, but for text calls only one number is used. The system applies the following rules to choose which number;
- If there is only one mobile number, Messenger v5 will use it.
- If there are two numbers, it will use the one which has the highest priority order.
- If there are two numbers and both have the same priority order, Messenger v5 will select the contact details that appear at the top of the ‘Pupil Contacts’ contact screen list.